A small patch stuck to the skin containing both oestrogen and progestogen.
- 99% effective if used according to instructions.
- You don’t have to think about it everyday; you only have to remember to replace the patch once a week.
- Only wear the patch for 3 weeks out of 4. You will have a period in the week you are not wearing a patch.
- Fertility quickly returns once the patch is removed.
- Not recommended for very overweight women or smokers aged over 35.
- Breakthrough bleeding and spotting is common in the first few months.
- Possible skin reaction and may be visible on the skin when wearing certain clothing.
- The patch does not protect you from sexually transmitted infections, so you should also use condoms.